Thursday 13 August 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (PG)

I am not a major fan of the Harry Potter franchise as it is, but I was still slightly disappointed with this film. I felt that I didn't explain the story very well and I can be a very good judge since I haven't read the books and therefore, I got confuseed. I didn't know who some of the characters were and I didn't really understand the ending all that much. I had to clarify everything with readers of the book to get it, which I think is unfair. My personal problem with the film is that it expects everyone to have read the books when not everyone wants to. It should be a full well-explained story on its own, without relying on the other knowledge people have from the books.

Other than that, I don't have any other complaints about the film. The three main characters have been criticised for their acting ability in the past but I don't think that shows now. They are so obviously friends in real life and comfortable in the role they have been playing for so long. I found the film more fun in places, particularly from Ron, who cracks me up all the time. I think Emma Watson, who plays Hermione, does the best acting job out of the three. She shows her feelings towards Ron so much more in this film and it is sweet to see the romace grow. I wasn't a fan of the Harry and Ginny kiss because it didn't seem to have any feeling to it in my opinion.

The film has got all you need- it can be fun, it can be sad, it can be jumpy, it can wow you with the special effects, it can be dark and it can be full of action. Standard for the Harry Potters really. 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment