Tuesday 30 June 2009

The Hangover (15)

The Hangover is brilliant. 100% brilliant. I don't know what I can say negatively about it. The casting is perfect, the plot may be very simple but it works and I can safely say it's the funniest film I have seen this year.

The film stars four ordinary guys- Phil, Stu, Alan and Doug- who go to Las Vegas for Doug's bachelor weekend. They wake up the next morning with no clue to what happened, why there is a baby in the closet, a tiger in the bathroom or why Doug is missing. You wonder how the film can run on such an easy concept but it never drags and laughs come every minute. I thought how funny you found it would depend on your sense of humour, but my mum found it hilarious and her definition of funny is much different to me. This film appears to the majority, for sure.

The cast are mostly unknowns or people you recognise-but-can't-place-the-film and this adds to the comic effect. I don't want to give any jokes away but the best character by far is Mr Chow, who is so so funny. I actually cried with laughter.

I don't think I can big it up more than that. If you don't find it funny, you need your head checked out. A sequel is already being planned. 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment